- About one-third infertility cases are caused because of women, another one-third are due to men and the rest of the cases are either unknown or a combination of male and female problems.
- Smoking can lead to compromised fertility in both men and women.
- Irregular or abnormal ovulation is responsible for about 25% female infertility problems.
- Women aged 35 years or older should consult their doctor after six months of trying to conceive.
- A man with low sperm count could have hidden diabetes.